Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Session 9 - Written Correspondence

Policies & Procedures

We started by discussing the Policies & Procedures assignment. They had some difficulties finding things on the website I had given them. I had asked them to work together using the discussion forum but they couldn't work out how to post. Oops! My mistake. I should have given them instructions. Next time I will upload Discussion Forum Use instructions to the wiki.

Written Correspondence

Needed to determine their Word skills - used a Poll and they both consider themselves experts who know how to insert footers in documents. Found out that Stephen uses a Mac.

Used File Transfer to give them their assessment task. Which they should have no trouble with.
We discussed:
  • letterheads
  • footers
  • medical reports
  • assessment task

Last Session

Next week is the last session and as all of their assessment will be complete, I decided to do more medical terminology. We will do the medical terminology associated with medical investigations, procedures and equipment. This will be a challenge for me to prepare the learning resources before I go into hospital.

Reflection

I cannot find instructions I thought I wrote on using the Discussion Forum to the Discussion page so will have to write them after my eyes work again.
Reflecting on the whole course, I think that this is the worst mistake I have made.


No comments:

Post a Comment